Sunday, January 21, 2018

Geological Fieldtrip Tools

1. Compass
I believe this is one of the most important tool. The Suunto MC-2 model that i had was bought back in my first year in 2007. Besides compass, it had inclination measurement, ruler and lens.


2. Measuring Tape
I bought this during Fieldtrip Class in university where we learn field mapping subject in that semester.

3.Ruler
I got this FOC during company field trip that i followed. Useful for scale when taking pictures at outcrop.

4. DSLR Camera
The model that i had is Canon EOS 550 model. I like DSLR because its easy to use, sturdy and give good quality photo.

5. GPS
I bought this originally for tourism purposes. But i found it very useful to locate my exact location in the field. When i'm back from field trip i would plot the location in Google Earth.


6. Binocular
I bought this Vanguard model during my Msc time. Handy for looking distant outcrop.

6. Grain Size Comparator
Usually obtained free from service company. But i've lost most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment